FACT: Bite-sized desserts make everything better.
I was initially fearful of making pecan pie…I’m generally not a big fun of “nutty” treats and I’d never tried pecan pie before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. But you know what? I loved these and am incredibly glad I decided to fun-size them! They were so rich in caramel flavor that my mom and brother were in awe when I told them that I didn’t add any caramels/ caramel sauce.
The syrup, although delectable, may be a tad sweet for some taste buds, but that can be fixed by reducing the sugar…at first thought it was too sweet for me, but I must have changed my mind because I wound up licking the bowl clean with my mixing spoon. (I totally only did that so I wouldn’t waste anything *covers extending Pinocchio nose*).
All in all, these pecan pie bites were amazing. Not only that, but it was simple…so simple that I’m even going to show you how I did it.
First thing’s first! Get your ingredients (your sugar, butter, eggs, and corn syrup) and whisk them together in a bowl. I don’t have a picture of this process, but it’s easy enough.
Next, take your pecans…
And chop them up.
Then take your pie crust (I used store-bought pie crust, because we had. But you could always use the pie crust recipe found here) and cut a circle using a cool cookie cutter.
A few days ago I bought a 101 cookie cutter set. It was one of the exciting days of my life.
Is that normal?
Before you forget, grease/ spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray (or you’ll regret it)
Then place the cut dough in the greased pan
It’s okay if they’re not neat. It makes them look cuter.
Put your chopped pecans at the base of the crust…
Then pour in your syrup-y mixture. (Yes I used an ice cream scoop)
Bake for about 15-20 or so minutes…
Cool, and enjoy!
Pecan Pie Bites
Makes about 15-16 bites
- 2 whole Unbaked Pie Crust
- 1 cup White Sugar (I think this was a little too sweet. You can reduce this by a quarter cup, or even half a cup)
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 cup Corn Syrup
- ¾ teaspoons Vanilla
- ⅓ cups Melted Butter (salted)
- 3 whole Eggs Beaten
- 1 cup (heaping) Chopped Pecans
Recipe adapted from Pioneer Woman, but I changed the directions to make them bite-sized.
- Preheat oven to 350º F (177º C)
- Get your pie crust ready. You can use store bought pie crust, or this great pie crust recipe that I posted with the pecan pie (which also happens to be from the Pioneer Woman).
- Cut out circles on pie crust with cookie cutters. When you run out of space on the pie crust, roll into a boll and flatten with rolling pin to cut more circles out.
- In a bowl, mix white sugar, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Important: GREASE the muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray (or you will spend the rest of the day scrubbing your pan).
- Place chopped pecans in the bottom of the unbaked pie shells.
- Pour syrup mixture over the top.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes (but be sure to check on them in 15 minutes, just in case). The pie should NOT be over jiggly when you take it out of the oven, but only slightly jiggly.
- Allow to cool for several hours or overnight. I wouldn’t recommend trying to take it out of the pan until it cools (unless you want a mess).
- Serve and enjoy!